In an organization, there is so much to deal with employee-to-employee relationships, meetings, checks, monitoring of activities, conduction of events, etc that it becomes difficult to assess whether an organization is heading in the right direction in pursuit of its objectives. So many external and internal stimuli arise which affects its smooth functioning. Innumerable hurdles and problems prop up which upset the original plan and schedule envisaged for an organization’s functioning. To blunt their impact, a systematic approach has to be followed which will help to identify such issues at the earliest and help in their resolution quickly. This will not only save its time, costs and efforts, but will help it to achieve its goals in a successful and timely manner.
1. Setting of realistic goalsAn organization needs to set realistic goals and objectives after subjecting them to proper analysis and evaluation and also taking into consideration the capability of its various employees. Raising the bar too high can prove to be self-defeating at times.
2. Organizing and scheduling of tasks and activitiesAn organization needs to organize and plan its tasks and activities so these can be executed in a systematic and scheduled manner. The lack of prioritization of these items can lead to confusion and mix-ups which will affect an organization’s efficiency and lead to its productive time being wasted in damage control rather than doing something constructive.
3. Flexible communicationOne of the most important things an organization needs to focus upon is easing communication among its employees and making it convenient and flexible. In every organization, there is a certain job hierarchy which every employee has to strictly follow. There may be a senior manager at the top who has a number of managers working under him, then there are a certain number of supervisors working under a manager and every supervisor is monitoring a number of lower rung employees. This means a lower rung employee cannot approach a senior manager directly even if it becomes absolutely important. Such inflexible and rigid communication can delay resolution of matters which are responsible for turning a small problem into a big one.
4. Morale boostingAn organization needs to keep its employees in a positive frame of mind, only then they would be able to perform their tasks and duties with focus and vigor. To achieve this, an organization needs to organize get-togethers, training and counselling sessions, fun-filled activities, etc so they remain motivated and energetic and thus perform their tasks enthusiastically and efficiently.
5. Earning confidence and trust of clients and customersAn organization should value its clients and customers as these are instrumental in driving a business forward. It should maintain transparency over those matters which are of common business interest and should convey to its clients, customers and other stakeholders progress of its activities in a clear manner. This helps it to retain the trust and confidence of its clients and customers and they will try to cooperate with the organization in every possible manner. Such relationships will be beneficial for an organization in the long run.
6. Using a project management system for its projectsAn organization undertakes projects for achieving some key objectives which help it in earning commercial, financial and social gains. As projects have limited allocation of time, budget and resources, these have to be executed as per plan and schedule. As organizations are increasingly employing workmen from different parts of the world, they can easily and spontaneously communicate over project matters through a project management system and resolve them through collective expertise and sharing of knowledge and views. This facilitates communication among them and they can function in a cooperative and collaborative manner. Project tasks and activities can be assigned to the capable persons on the basis of their knowledge and ability and these men can execute these in a timely and planned manner. This tool helps in successful and timely culmination of a project and helps an organization to save its costs, time and efforts involved in its conduction. Thus it is able to achieve its specific objectives and give a much needed push to its growth and development.
By focusing on these important points, an organization is able to work efficiently, achieve success and give a fillip to its growth.
Posted by Sharon Thomson